RN Dialysis Nights
Location : AR | Department : Healthcare
Designation : Registered Nurse
Qualification : Nursing (ADN)
Experience : 3 Year | Salary : 100.00
Employment Type : Contract
Salary Type : Hourly
- Performs hemodialysis treatments in accordance with approved facility policies and procedures.
- Prior to initiation of dialysis, ensures dialysis machine, its alarms, and all products used during treatment are prepped and meet DCI's quality standards.
- Monitors the patient during dialysis, assessing any emergent changes in the patient's condition and communicating any issues to the physician as well as the patient's family.
- Administers and charts all prescribed pre, intra and post dialysis medications.
- Follows CDC/CMS regulations with strict reinforcement of infection control.
- Participates in patient care conferences, medical rounds and chart reviews as assigned.
- Documents patient education to ensure compliance with local ESRD Network, CMS, and DCI requirements.
- Interacts with local hospitals as a liaison to facilitate continuity of care.
- Assists in teaching and training new staff members as directed by the Nurse Manager.
- Collaborates with all staff members and renal team members to maintain medication inventory
- Ensures the dialysis machines are functioning properly and maintains an adequate stocking of unit supplies.